1 in stock Ships: Next Day
Shipping calculated at checkout.
This edition of Altitude Illnessprovides the latest information on prevention and treatment of altitude illness -- from preparing for altitude to recognizing and treating the symptoms of acute mountain sickness, including high altitude pulmonary and cerebral edemas.
Suited for both novice and seasoned hikers, climbers, trekkers, and skiers, Altitude Illness, 2nd Ed., also includes an updated examination of how altitude interacts with certain drugs, a new section on using the web to find more information about altitude illness, and much more.
- Updated guidelines for people going to altitude (heights above 7,000 feet) with pre-existing health conditions such as heart conditions, diabetes, and cancer.
- A handy glossary and easy-to-read tables covering symptoms and signs, altitude illness, and high altitude drugs.
- Case studies of real situations and a question-and-answer section help readers better understand general issues about altitude and its effects, and more.
Author: Stephen Bezruchka, M.D.
Paperback: 156 pages
Publisher: Mountaineers Books; 2nd edition (September 2005)
Dimensions: 6 x 3.75 x 0.5 inches
Weight: 1.6 oz
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device